Version Control and git
- Much like this course, The Carpentries’ mission is “to teach foundational computational and data science skills to researchers.” All of their lessons are posted and free to use. I highly recommend checking out the resources available at carpentries.org.
- Code.org has some great tutorials
Bash and Linux
- A Data Cleaner’s Cookbook
- BASHing data (blog)
- RegExOne has some great examples on writing regular expressions.
- Interactive RegEx site.
- Python Data Science Handbook: We will look at some of the chapters of this text in the class, but this is a great book if you want to continue learning Python and data science.
- NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute has many good courses
- Ask Matt for a code for free access to the courses that have a cost